Freelance Modeling- Pro's and Cons
I've been doing modeling for around 2 years now professionally without an agency. After a few years now I would like to finally be represented so I'm able to work with bigger brands. It's been an amazing time but I've thought about some pro's and con's of Freelance Modeling
- You're able to connect and manage your own work and choose who you work with. (Always do your research with who you're working with!)
- Doing freelancing you're able to set your own model rate.
- No commission taken from agencies
- Network and meet new creatives with a similar ambition and creating magic!
- As you are managing yourself, it also means that you have to look after everything you do! Not saying this is exactly a con, but you need to make sure you are not working with dodgy people and always do your research.
- Making sure you are paid on time, otherwise you will have to chase after your clients who haven't paid you.
- Networking is essential! If you're not able to connect and talk to people within your industry, you will not be able to gain any work.
Heres a good guideline from www.aussieelite.com
When I first started doing paid shoots depending on how big the business was, I was charging around $50ph, as I was new and didn't think I had the full experience. Now after a few years I've put up my price, not only because I have the experience but I also have the confidence!